Have you had your Flu Vaccination?
Protection from vaccination is the best way to protect against Flu.
- Fever* or feeling fever/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Some people may have vomiting & diarrhea
* It’s important to note that not everyone with Flu has fevers
Peak flu season is between May-October.
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Always cover mouth & nose when sneezing or coughing
- Clean hands
- Clean & disinfect surfaces & objects around the home
National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS)
As of 15th May 2023, there have been 39,129 notifications of laboratory confirmed cases
- ACT – 254
- NSW – 12,585
- NT – 1,246
- QLD – 12,007
- SA – 2,559
- TAS – 278
- VIC – 7,151
- WA – 3,049