Christmas time is approaching fast and the weather is starting to warm up.
This stage of the year is a notoriously crazy busy time!
We need to think about the Christmas presents, Christmas day meals, organising who is going where to open presents and most importantly eat the traditional Christmas feast.
However, we also need to be prepared with a checklist for our businesses before we switch on the alarms, walk out the door, give ourselves a pat on the back, and most importantly a well-deserved break.
Some ideas that come to mind are:
- Notify your clients of the dates the business is closed via email and include these dates on your website
- Show your appreciation by thanking clients/staff for their continued support by offering a discount, small gift, or maybe an incentive.
- Pause the delivery of your newspaper
- Wash up, empty fridge, clean your workspace
- Remove garbage to the bins outside
- Water plants
- Lock all spare keys away
- Remove all confidential files, valuables and lock them in a safe or a locked desk
- Set up an automated email message for the duration you are away and include an emergency contact if required
- Close windows and blinds
- Switch off all unnecessary lights
- Divert your phones or switch on message bank
- Back up computers and all information
- Log off computers
Being proactive by having a checklist will certainly give you peace of mind. Engage and allocate some tasks to staff and ask for their input. At the end of the day, you all want to leave the workplace with peace of mind as well as being able to hit the ground running upon your return.
Enjoy your time with family and friends, after the year we have all had, we all thoroughly deserve some rest and relaxation!